Skip to Content

Are your local hospitals and doctors covered?

Among our health plan partners available to you during enrollment are:

  • Anthem
  • Blue Shield
  • Health Net
  • Sharp Health Plan
  • UnitedHealth

What is included in all plans?

All Covered California plans included some basic services like:

  • No-/Low-Cost Preventative Services (full list here)
  • Coverage for care in the following categories: maternity and newborn care, emergency services, hospitalization, prescription drugs, rehabilitation, lab services, pediatric services, ambulatory services
  • Dental and vision coverage for children are included in all Covered California health plans

Choose a level of coverage that works for your budget

To make it easier to select the right level of coverage for yourself or your family, plans offered by Covered California fall into four tiers that determine how much you will be responsible for in your future medical costs, like doctors’ visits, drugs and procedures, or treatments.

  • Bronze – On average, your health plan pays 60% of your medical expenses and you are responsible for the other 40%
  • Silver – On average, your health plan pays 70% of your medical expenses and you are responsible for the other 30%
  • Gold – On average, your health plan pays 80% of your medical expenses and you are responsible for the other 20%
  • Platinum – On average, your health plan pays 90% of your medical expenses and you are responsible for the other 10%

There are three additional tiers certain audiences may want to consider:

  • Enhanced Silver – Greater savings on daily medical expenses based on income
  • Gold HSA – Option for the Gold tier that includes a tax-advantaged health savings account (HSA)
  • Minimum coverage – For individuals under 30 who only want protection from worst-case scenarios, though there is no assistance available for these plans

Each of these plans will come with its own premium and level of coverage.

See more about each coverage level on the Covered California website.

Want to get a better idea of your costs?

Check out this side-by-side comparison of health plan levels from Covered California.

To get a full list of all plans

Use Compare California’s website to compare available plans and their estimated cost to you.

Ready for the next step?

Step 3: Apply For Your Plan