Are you eligible for traditional Medicare?
Generally, Medicare is available for:
- People aged 65 or older
- Younger people with disabilities
- People with End-Stage Renal Disease
Confirm your eligibility with Medicare’s online tool.
If this is your first time enrolling, you may want to also to calculate your Medicare premium.
Are you eligible for Medicare Advantage?
To join a Medicare Advantage plan, you must meet the eligibility requirements for traditional Medicare AND:
- Live in the covered service area of the plan
- Already have Medicare Parts A and B
- Not have a confirmed diagnosis of end-stage renal disease
Learn more about Medicare Advantage with CMS’s 2020 Medicare Guide.
When can you enroll in Medicare Advantage?
There are two times you can enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan:
- The first time you enroll in Medicare
- During open enrollment, which runs from October 15, 2019 to December 7, 2019
If you are already enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan, you can change to another Medicare Advantage plan or switch back to traditional Medicare during a special enrollment period that runs from January 1, 2020 to March 31, 2020.