Are your local hospitals and doctors covered?
The following insurers offer Medicare Advantage health plans with coverage in the North County area AND access to our facilities:
- Blue Shield
- Health Net
- Kaiser Permanente*
- SCAN Health Plan
- Sharp Health Plan
*Kaiser Permanente will NOT be covered throughout 2020
How much will I pay for healthcare this year?
Here are a few tips for finding an affordable Medicare Advantage plan:
- When you review plans, be sure to compare the total cost, not just the monthly premium.
- Know your deductible and how much you are responsible for paying out of pocket before your insurance kicks in.
- Estimate the cost of your medications and if you should select a plan with drug coverage.
- Know your co-insurance rate, or the percentage you will have to pay of any medical care you receive after you reach your deductible and before you reach your annual out-of-pocket maximum.
What other benefits come with my plan?
The Medicare Advantage plan you select will likely include additional benefits beyond traditional Medicare such as:
- Drug coverage (most plans offer an option with this)
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
Many plans offer even more innovative benefits like health and nutrition education, fitness reimbursement, transportation assistance, and more.